Who purchases your goods? Do you know what you are paying for the freight? Are your terms prepaid and add? Chances are you are paying too much for freight. These terms never allow you to fully evaluate freight costs.
Why A Single Source Network for Purchasing?
- Freight Costs – dedicated pricing programs set up for inbound by customer allows you to evaluate exact freight costs.
- Vendor communication – when an order is placed with the vendor and instructions are conveyed to use GMG Transportation, the vendor can schedule a pick up, GMG Transportation can create the bill of lading accurately declaring the exact freight classification, dispatch the pick up with a direct service carrier, and follow its progress.
- We can establish a “purchase order” file for the customer that will allow him to check the progress of a shipment by PO and schedule his goods for arrival.
- GMG/JCI can trap (consolidate) I/B shipments and deliver them when the customer wants them by the appointed time.
- The customer makes one phone call to us to track his supplies, raw materials, or return goods.
- GMG Transportation can work with the local carrier terminals to issue “delivery time” schedules or act as the house truck & consolidate.
- Freight payment – because all shipments are third party billed to GMG Transportation, you do not have to have a check available, we bill our customers after we audit the freight bills.
- GMG Transportation can issue routing instructions to all of your vendors and suppliers with instructions.
- Single source freight payment.
As a Third Party Logistics Provider, GMG Transportation performs an audit on every freight bill and pays the carriers. The only freight bill you will receive will be from GMG Transportation regardless of how many carriers are used. This helps your Accounts Payable Department by eliminating additional payments to multiple vendors. In addition, your freight bills will be audited to ensure accuracy, again eliminating the need for your staff to spend additional hours. If a correction is necessary, GMG Transportation handles that as well.
Single Source Customer Service
How many hours does your staff spend scheduling pickups and tracing shipments? We completely eliminate the need for your staff to make multiple phone calls and spend hours following up to get information and service your valued customer. Our Customer Care Department will handle the problem with a sense of urgency and provide you with regular updates until it is concluded. This service includes working with your customers. Our Customer Care Staff has developed relationships with key people at each of our carriers to provide you with expeditious solutions.